Our Objectives and Purpose
- To disseminate the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Word of God to the end that people may be evangelised and believers may be conformed to the image of Jesus Christ.
- To regularly assemble together the members of this church for fellowship, one with another, both in large public congregations and in small fellowship groups in houses and to co-operate in the building up of the whole Body of Christ.
- To provide systematic study in the Bible to those who desire to be fed the Word of God (1 Peter 5:1-3).
- To involve every participant of this church in its fellowship and activities and in the ministry of the Holy Spirit throughout the Body of Christ.
- To strengthen the family units so that the home life of each member is healthy and fruitful by biblical standards.
- To perform the ordinances of the church which include baptising believers in water by immersion, celebrating the Lordâ€™s Supper and performing other ministries which include but are not limited to, anointing the sick with oil, conducting weddings and funerals and dedicating infants.
- To act with charitable concerns for and to help not only the members of this church, but all people in need of any help which this church can give, regardless of race, social position or religious affiliation.
- To pray for the needs of all people, for local and national leaders and governments, and for all that are in authority as instructed in 1 Timothy 2:1-3.
- To support and encourage communication and extension of the Christian life and witness by sound expository preaching and teaching of biblical principles to all people, both within the church and elsewhere; not only by conventional means, but also by all means which will accomplish such communication, extension, teaching and preaching.
- To recognise the various ministries established by God to equip believers to fulfill their respective functions as members of the Body of Christ and to bring the whole Body of Christ into unity, maturity and completion according to Ephesians 4:11-16.
- To license and ordain ministers, to assist in the establishment and maintenance of other churches or ministries, and to send forth and maintain ministers, missionaries and other workers for the establishment and upbuilding of such churches or ministries, either domestic or foreign.
Ephesians 4: 11-16
“And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the headâ€”Christâ€” from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.”